Finding vegan breakfast options can be a hassle—with eggs off-limits, it can be a serious PITA to squeeze in protein. But going hungry (or—gasp!—spending $15 on a green juice to-go) just isn’t a stellar solution.
What these seriously unique breakfast ideas lack in animal byproducts they make up for in essential nutrients and taste. Get cracking! (But not eggs, duh).
1. Dairy-Free Blueberry Pancakes
A tall stack of pancakes is never complete without antioxidant-packed blueberries and calcium-rich oat milk.
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt (such as Daiya)
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk (such as almond or oat)
- 1 tsp agave
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until combined. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- For each pancake, scoop 1/4 cup of batter on to a hot griddle or nonstick skillet. Turn pancakes when bubbles
- appear and edges are cooked, after about 2 minutes. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes on second side.
Per serving: 503 cal, 18 g fat (7 g sat), 78 g carbs, 18 g sugar, 447 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.